Cancer Stem Cells & the Tumor Microenvironment
A growing body of evidence indicates that the tumor microenvironment contributes to tumor growth and viability, while significant advances are being made in the understanding of cancer stem cells and tumor initiating cells. The session will discuss on breaking developments on novel tumor-killing strategies and preclinical and clinical projects which are exploiting cancer stem cells, the inflammatory component of tumors, and the tumor microenvironment for therapeutic intervention.
- Mechanisms of Tumor Promotion by Inflammatory Cells
- Targeting the Inflammatory Component of Tumors
- Compounds Targeting the Tumor Microenvironment
- Compounds Targeting Inflammation and Cancer
- Molecules Targeting Cancer Stem Cells
- Targeting Cancer Stemness Pathways